To build a more promising future for single mothers and their children to end the cycle of poverty
Equity + Advocacy – We value understanding and directly addressing the ways in which gender and racial inequities have exposed single mothers to undue disparities. We activate the power of our networks to make tangible progress towards righting those wrongs.
Wellness – We believe in cultivating resiliency through a holistic approach that focuses on healthy minds, healthy relationships, physical wellness, and spiritual growth.
Connectedness – We believe in developing mutually beneficial partnerships that lead to meaningful connections.
Growth – We invest in each individual and provide opportunities for transformative growth – physically, financially, emotionally and spiritually.
Respect – We hold in high esteem the dignity and worth of all individuals interwoven in all aspects of our organization.
Stewardship – We value the investment that our community has placed in us and believe in extending everything that we do back into this community
Our Holistic Approach
Seasons Village builds on the strengths and resilience of single mothers to encourage and support the aspirations they have for themselves, and their children. We focus on connecting services and opportunities that will create pathways for single mother’s to move beyond poverty to prosperity.
- Focus on education, career and leadership development, life skills, and self-esteem/self worth
- Individualized mentoring and tutoring to facilitate success for the mothers and their children
Health and Wellness
- Support mothers’ and children’s physical, mental, and emotional wellness
- Provide programs to empower the women and children
- Referrals to partner agencies will be provided as needed
- Focus on each mother’s path to earning a livable wage and building wealth for her family
- Engaging graduates to be a part of giving back to their community
- Develop corporate partnerships and internships
- Partner with other non-profits to provide holistic services
- Partner with local educational institutions
- Develop network of volunteers to extend women’s access to community resources
- Our goal is to to eventually provide safe, affordable housing as part of our program while developing pathways to permanent housing and ownership.
- Assist mothers in securing high-quality child care creating opportunity for mothers to focus on their education
Did You Know?
Seasons Village’s focus is on the Southeast Raleigh area. We share in the vision of Southeast Raleigh Promise to create pathways out of poverty for the lowest income residents and to do our part in breaking the cycle of intergenerational poverty. Partnering with existing leadership in the community, nonprofits, churches, and schools, Seasons Village raises awareness on the issues low resourced single mothers and their families face, and partners with the broader community to equip these women to lead from a place of strength. Investments in the postsecondary success of single mothers not only individually opens opportunities for higher paying jobs, economic security, and family stability, but it promotes leaders in the community across generations.
Seasons Village will have a focus on Southeast Raleigh due to demographics and its unique opportunities.
Single mothers in North Carolina who graduate with an A.A.:
Who we serve:
At all times, we strive towards recruiting and retaining cohorts of mothers who reflect the demographics of the Southeast Raleigh community.
- Be 18 years or older and have earned a HS Diploma or GED
- Have 1 or more children 16 years old or younger for whom they are the custodial parent
- Be single (not married or domestically partnered)
- Be designated Head of Household financially responsible for 60% or more of household expenses
- Be enrolled in or preparing to enroll into a degree-seeking program or professional certification within 6 months
- Earn 60% or less of the Wake County Area Median Income upon acceptance
Benefits of Seasons Village:
- A supportive community of peers working toward self-reliance. We promote sisterhood within Seasons Village, nurture connections with coaches/advocates, and build relationships in the broader community.
- 2-Gen approach to equally support, encourage and promote the growth of the mothers and their children
- Individualized coaching to sustain families through mutually developed individual family plans for success
- Workshops and training to support mental, emotional, and physical wellness to move families from surviving to thriving, providing referrals to professionals as needed
- Access to professionals to develop skills and networks for employment
- Equip with good communication skills and train for advocacy
Pathways to Prosperty Program
P2P works with single mothers in Southeast Raleigh to create the conditions for intergenerational prosperity. Participating women complete a multi-phased program focusing on the 3 A’s: acclimate, accelerate, ascend.
P2P is committed to the prosperity of single mothers and their families by removing or reducing barriers to higher education attainment and increasing both household income and wealth. We operate an intentionally small program in order to make deep investments in women that create long-term impacts for
What makes P2P unique:
- We provide customized support within a structured program to ensure that we are meeting the specific needs of each mother and her family.
- We believe in the power of relationships and sharing social capital to advance economic mobility.
- We make financial investments in our participants in order to remove barriers to success and increase household wealth.
Partner With Us
Seasons Village wants to collaborate with community partners, institutions, and individuals. We would love to work with you with the goal of building something great together.